HP Officejet 5746 Printer Setup - 123.hp.com/oj5746
HP Officejet 5746 printer is wireless and produces printing and scanning abilities. On the upside, the printer also has inbuilt air print technology. The color printing is excellent at a low cost but the monochrome print that is printing the report is a little bit high compared to the photo print. The printer has an automatic document feeder and built-in Wi-Fi. On the downside, the HP Officejet 5746 printer or 123.hp.com/oj5746 has no Ethernet for wired networks and manual page-switching for the two-side printing.
123.hp.com/oj5746 - Setting up the hardware
- Get the box and open it carefully, separate the instruction books and software installation CD that would be used later in the setup method.
- There will be two ink cartridges, a power cord, and a phone cord for the faxing method.
- Tilt down the printer box to securely take out the printer from the printer box. Remove the plastic cover of the HP Officejet 5746 printer.
- Remove all the blue color strips and all the packing materials in the HP printer. Switching around the printer and raising the access panel looks like a formation that will act as the paper feeder.
- Open the front access door by removing the blue strip and pulling out lots of cardboard outside and closing the door as it is. Verify carefully for any pieces started to prevent paper stuck in the future.
- Next, open the top of the printer, which is the automatic document feeder, and remove the blue strip inside the feeder. For more data related to the hardware, setup verifies 123.hp.com/oj5746.
- After this connect the power cord to your printer and turn it ON. Next set the language, date, and time in the printer setup and tap done.
123.hp.com/oj5746 - Setting up the software
- After setting the date and time the printer helps to get the ink cartridges. Open the two cartridge covers and uncover the front access door of your printer you can find the ink access area there click on the proper ink cartridges.
- Once the ink cartridges are successfully placed the ink cartridge success message is shown. Load the paper on the paper plate.
- Presently pull out the old tab in the bottom of the printer where the printed paper comes out without coming onto the ground.
- First, the arrangement page prints which are scanned for better printing. For the wireless connection and mobile, printing search your printer name and model number in 123.hp.com/setup 5746 and download your printer software and drivers.
Reference Guide to Download HP Drivers and Software
HP OfficeJet 5746 Driver Download for Windows
- First, switch on the printer and go to 123.hp.com/oj5746. Then choose Software and Drivers in the menu bar.
- And choose Printer then enter your printer name along with the served number. Now click Submit.
- Following reviewing the OS and driver details you have to click Download. Then open the .exe file downloaded.
- And double-click to open the downloaded file. Simply follow the on-screen instructions of the installer to finish the driver installation process.
HP OfficeJet 5746 Driver Download for Mac
- First, drive to 123.hp.com/oj5746. Then on the desktop tap Drivers and Downloads.
- And choose the proper Operating System. Find the driver setup you want to download.
- Presently tap Download and click Save. Then, open the downloaded .dmg file to begin the installation method.
- You can install working three methods such as Wireless Connection, Local Network Connection, and USB Connection process.
123.hp.com/oj5746 - Wireless configuration
- Begin with switching ON the HP Officejet 5746 printer, PC, and router. The PC and the HP Officejet 5746 must share the same active network.
- Presently press the Wi-Fi icon in the HP printer control panel. Next access the Network Setup Wizard shown on the control panel and add your wireless network name and the network password
- The next touch did complete connecting your printer with the router. This will install a connection between the printer and the network.
- Then, install the wanted software and drivers from 123.hp.com/setup5746. Presently the printer can print right from the PC.
- Initially, download the HP easy start to your PC from 123.hp.com/oj5746 in the browser.
- Next, open the application from downloads and agree on any agreement and settings and click continue.
- Presently switch ON the printer and connect the MAC and the printer to the related local network. For resetting the wireless setting of the printer-related information visit 123.hp.com/setup5746.
- In the HP easy start window choose your printer and now verify the wireless button and the printer power light are both ON. If not, the printer doesn’t support the driver.
- If encounter any difficulties connecting the printer with the PC, update the software from 123.hp.com/oj5746 to the latest version.
- Next, in the wireless network name listed select your network name and tap proceed in the window.
- Next in the following window tap allows for the mac to connect with your printer wirelessly. Presently the printer automatically configures the network settings that are on the MAC system.
Fixing paper pick up the problem in HP Officejet 5746
- The HP printer will show an “Out of Paper” message in the control panel. Start to verify the paper in the paper plate if there is no paper place and close the plate.
- The next case is that even if there is paper in the input plate “Out of Paper” message shows.
- Since the poor quality of the paper and the incorrect alignment of the paper jam can cause the printer not to pick up the paper.
- Presently remove all the paper from the feeder and verify for the bend, cut, and different size paper. Verify the inside of the input plate using a flashlight by raising the input shield.
- If any difficulty is found remove them and feed paper correctly into the paper feeder by adjusting the paper guide smoothly. Next, if the issues prevail follow the next process like cleaning the paper select rollers. For that use a cotton swab and purified water. Off the printer and remove any cords and wires.
- Presently raise the inside of the input plate of the old roller in the paper picker, clean it with a cotton swab dipped in water to remove any deposited debris, and let it dry for ten minutes.
- Again load paper and provide it a try to print if again the “Out of Paper” message displays verify for any solution in 123.hp.com/oj5746 or communicate with the service provider.
We are an established third-party technical support team, we are not at all associated with any other party or company directly. We sincerely respect other company’s brand names, and logos as well as products. We assure you that these are used at our interface only for reference purposes, these do not relate to any category directly. We are totally independent company and we maintain the work and support as a third party only.